Monday, November 5, 2012

Weeping Angels are Scary...

I'm sure you're well aware that I'm kind of a nerd.  If not, I suggest that you take a peek at the title of this blog.  It's easy to read since I still haven't gotten around to 'Shopping a nifty header for it, so the name looks all boring.

Anyway, I'm pretty obsessed with Doctor Who, so I decided that I wanted to make a Who-themed pumpkin for Halloween.  But what to make?  I saw some TARDIS templates online, but I like making faces on pumpkins.  That's when I realized that there's nothing scarier than a Weeping Angel.  I don't know why, but they creep me out more than any other Who monster.  They're terrifying.  I found a couple of templates, but I didn't think I had quite enough pumpkin carving talent to pull them off.  Plus, my printer was out of ink.  I decided to free-hand a template of my own.  This was a major accomplishment for someone like me who never quite progressed beyond the ability to draw stick figures.  This is what it looked like:


Then I taped it to my hollowed out pumpkin and traced it with a poking stick (I'm assuming this has a technical name, but I have no idea what it is.) so that I could carve along the dotted lines.


This was the final result.  It's pretty scary if I do say so myself.  DON'T BLINK!


Oh, and since I'm such a huge nerd, I decided that it would be fun to dress up as the Tenth Doctor.  A perfectly timed gust of wind helped my hair live up to Ten's awesomeness in this picture.


Don't even blink.  No seriously, don't do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment