Saturday, December 15, 2012

Sweater Skirt Take Two

Actually, the title of this post is a lie.  I made this sweater skirt first.  I just liked the second version a whole lot better.  Plus, this one ended up a lot shorter because it came from a women's v-neck, so I can't really wear it to work.


I started out with this ugly, kind of gross sweater I bought on clearance at Walmart a few years ago.  I was getting rid of it (and its red twin that got chopped up for another project) because it's too big for me now.


I traced out the sides of the skirt and then cut them out.  Just like on the other sweater skirt.  Then I sewed everything together and made a waistband.  Simple as pie.


More plaid flannel!  Yay.  Apparently I'm going through a phase.


Last weekend, I had to help out at a Santa breakfast at the school my  mom used to teach at.  The skirt made a perfect addition to my elf costume.  I literally have no dignity in my life.

1 comment:

  1. I really can't figure out how to make Plaid and Flannel into a portmanteau. My life is basically over. But you still make an awesome elf.

    ReplyDelete